Shipping Times and Costs:
Merchandise is dispatched between 1 to 3 working days on most products. You will receive an email should there be a delay.
We are constantly evaluating the market to determine the best shipping methods and costs, so changes to shipping charges may occur.
Shipping options within NZ:
1. Tracked postage, which takes approximately 3 working days.
2. CourierPost delivery can be a little faster than tracked postage. It is a little more expensive, especially for rural delivery.
3. CourierPost, with Signature, is the most secure method of delivery, and is recommended for high-value orders or original artworks.
International shipping options:
For most countries, Standard International Air, International Courier and International Express Courier are available, depending on how quickly you wish to receive your merchandise. For original painting purchases or merchandise of high-value, we recommend International Courier or International Express Courier services.
International air shipping is not tracked and is recommended for merchandise under $50.00.
Not all shipping options are available for all countries. Available options are listed when you enter your details in the cart section.
***If your country is not listed for shipping, please contact us here. We would love to make your purchase possible. Please name the country to which you wish a product to be shipped, and we will contact you with shipping information.
We do not have to provide a refund if you have changed your mind about a particular purchase, so please choose carefully. If the goods are faulty, we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act to provide a remedy.
Although we have selected the most robust packaging options, in the rare event that an item arrives damaged, please contact us here with information and photos of the damaged item/s. In most cases we can replace the item for you; however, if we cannot, we will offer an alternative replacement.
Whether working in watercolour or coloured pencil, Betty only uses lightfast pigments for original artworks.
Lightfastness is how resistant the medium is to fading it is when exposed to light.
Betty only paints on acid-free, archival, 100% cotton rag watercolour paper, acid-free, archival, cellulose Clairefontaine PastelMat or archival watercolour canvases.
To best preserve your artwork, frame it as soon as possible and hang it away from direct or fluorescent light, as these can affect both the paper and pigments. U.V. glass is recommended when framing original watercolours.
Do not hang in high humidity areas.
- Have you fallen in love with one of our pieces, but there are no shipping details for your country? Please contact us here.
- Would you like to share a photograph of you enjoying your recent purchase? Please contact us here.
- Do you have suggestions for improving our store or service? Please contact us here.
- Do you wish to commission Betty to paint a unique piece for you or a loved one? Please contact us here. (Betty reserves the right to refuse any inappropriate commission which violates her personal values).
- For all other queries not addressed in the FAQs, please contact us here.
We have chosen to only use recyclable, re-useable and biodegradable packaging to protect and ship our products. See more about OUR PACKING ETHOS here: Home
The cardboard shipping envelopes can be added to your compost heap.
Currently we have no control over shipping labelling, so please ensure you remove shipping labels prior to composting your packaging.
ALL our original artworks are created in New Zealand. Our products are also printed in New Zealand. Thank you for supporting Betty and those who manufacture our beautiful merchandise.